Tell Us Your Story! Answer these questions and send them to Team@MenWithFibromyalgia.com OR Send us an e-mail requesting a video interview!
Below are the questions for the interview. If you’re uncomfortable with any of them, feel free to pass. Also, if you’d like, include a bit about your personal life and hobbies. Thank you again for agreeing to share your stories with us. I think you’re helping a lot of people here. 🙂
1. When did you first realize there was something different about your health as compared to others your age?
2. How long did it take you to get a valid diagnosis of fibromyalgia?
3. What are some of the greatest misconceptions surrounding men with fibromyalgia?
Do people think you’re:
Addicted to Drugs?
4. Mental fatigue can make a person with fibromyalgia present as though they are drunk or mentally challenged. Has this happened to you? If so, how have you dealt with it?
5. What makes being a man with fibromyalgia more challenging than being a woman with fibromyalgia?
6. Fibromyalgia can cause depression and anxiety. Do you struggle with these? If so, what do you do to keep your mental health balanced?
7. How do you balance your illness with your personal and professional life? Do you prioritize with lists? Take it day by day?
8. How does the weather affect your condition?
9. How are you treating your condition? (Medications, supplements, diet, meditation, etc.)
10.What advice would you give to someone who is romantically involved with a man with fibromyalgia?
11. What words of encouragement do you have for your brothers out there who are living with fibromyalgia?